Well maybe. If you launch Map Loader and it just sits there saying “waiting for device” then you need to delete a directory on the SD card in the phone.
OK, you say. But check the directory. Its where the maps are. So the advice is delete the maps and download them all over. Grrrrr!
From Nokia forums, posted by Nokia person:
- People having problems with “waiting for device” or “Unable to read all information…”, you could try the following:
1. make sure you have maps 1.2 wk30 or later (or 2.0)
2. connect the device in mass storage mode, it will show up as a drive in windows
3. delete the folder E:\Private\20001f63 (including sub folders)
4. start maps on the device once, it will recreate the folder in a different location
5. connect the device in pc suite mode and start maploader
Yes, great. I'll connect in Mass Storage mode, thank you!