Setting up an account is easy, and then you need to get it going.
1. Log into the client area and then click 'download' and then 'linux'.
This gets you a zip file with some files in it. So unzip
2. Check if you have IP is set up:
- sudo nano /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
it needs to be "1"
- sudo nano /etc/sysctl.conf
- net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
at the bottom
3. Install the Open VPN GUI
- sudo apt-get install openvpn network-manager-openvpn
4. Start the network configuration, by clicking on the wireless symbol in the menu bar, dragging down and selecting "VPN Connections" > "Configure VPN" and then "Add"
5. Select OpenVPN and then "create"
In the Gateway box I put the IP for LA 18.104.22.168
Then load the files you unzipped earlier
User Certificate = "client.crt"
CA certificate = "ca.crt"
Private Key = "client.key"
7. Click Advanced
Make the gateway port 443
enable "Use a TCP connection"
8. Click OK and then Save
9. Then from the wireless / network connection icon you can select the new VPN connection. For me it takes about 13 seconds to connect
- sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog
I would guess this works with other Linux distros as well.